Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Golden Birthday

I feel like I have been slacking on my blogging duties and hopefully that will change soon. It has been a crazy few months and we are ramping up for an even crazier few months. This past year has tried me more than I would like to admit. I have changed drastically as a person, some things for the better and some I would like to work on. (This is just my experience) Being a military spouse has hardened me in ways that people may find rude or offensive. It is not an easy life and as a spouse it is my job to hold down the fort while Brandon is away. Sometimes that is easier said than done. I am probably the last person you want to complain to when your significant other is going away for a short period of time...but I will be the first person to do something with you. Brandon and I have spent very little time together in the last few months and sadly it is about to get worse. I guess the reason I am rambling about this is because the weeks leading up to my birthday were some of the most trying I have probably had yet. Everyday it was we are coming home this day, oh now this day, oh and now another day. It was enough to make a person crazy! 

But on a happy note....Brandon made it home just in the nick of time! We didn't do anything crazy on my actually birthday, but we are celebrating this weekend. The biggest thing that happened this year is the launch of my business. I have been able to spend the last couple days really loving and nurturing it. 

This next year is going to be even more trying than this past year, but I am grateful to have such wonderful friends as a support system and really looking at the glass half full as opposed to empty. I have let myself slip into a slump and now am digging myself out. I have realized how much energy and support I get from Brandon and I am so lucky to have him! However, I feel like I am losing my grip on how to be away, which will not be helpful in the coming months. 

I fee like this has been a rambly post, but I needed to get it out of my head. I am looking for the next year and all of the changes that come with it. I will try to be better about sharing our adventures in Okinawa.

No comments:

Post a Comment