Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Reflection

I don't know if it is just that time of year or what, but today I read through some of my old blog posts. I am sad to say I am still the same old me. (I may have crossed a few things off my bucket list, but that is about it) I hate to say it, but I am not sure I will ever get better at taking time for me.  The one thing my boyfriend ever gets mad at me for is that I don't do things for myself. He sees me work so much that I really don't have a ton of time for myself. I am not one that usually needs much me time, but I may have gone without it for so long I don't remember what it is like. I have found ways to do things for other people and do things I love at the same time. I am notorious for making Christmas presents and this year was no exception. I finished wrapping them last night at 10pm. I also get to help my friend, who is getting married in June. I do not get to help with that day to day wedding planning, but I have been able to help make signs and other crafts. Miss Molly and I are attempting to read books together. (we tried to start a book club a while back and it didn't turn out to well for us)  I can say that in the past week or so I have started and finished 3 books. I love finding a good book; it has sparked my love for reading again.
I have also been better about going to church. There have been a few weekends that I have been out of town, but that has been the only reason I missed that. I am sad to say that I have been working too much and have not gone to small group. I can tell this has been affecting me.  I so badly desire to have that again and I am looking forward to the start of the new year. The past couple months have been very trying for me and I think the next few will continue to be. I am determined to start reading my bible more and getting back in the word. It seems to help put your life in perspective.
So here is to a new leaf. (I am not about new years resolutions...as you can see I do not hold them up well at all). However, I am not opposed to trying to change, whether it be new years day or any day of the year. I usually try around my birthday because that is my new year. So today is just as good as any other day!

No comments:

Post a Comment