Sunday, May 26, 2013

Bittersweet Emotions

After spending the last two days packing and getting ready for the move, I am just exhausted. There are so many unanswered questions and in true military fashion it is a hurry up and wait game. Through all of this (and at the wedding) there is one person I wish more than anything I could talk to. My grandma was an army wife who moved overseas multiple times and with infants. I know she would understand better than most what I am going through. It has been harder lately to not have her here, even though it has been three and a half years since she left us. I know she's looking down on me thinking I am silly...I am not the first to do this and certainly not the last.
She was the best grandma I could have ever asked for. She had beauty, grace, integrity. She was patient, kind, quick to listen (and genuinely listen) and silly as all get out. She was also strict, firm in her beliefs, compassionate. I could go on forever, she is the person you hear about and can't fathom how it is all true. I love being around her family and hearing the many wonderful things about her and knowing she was always that person. I am so incredibly blessed to have such wonderful aunts, who are just as strong as she was.  I miss her dearly, but I know she is where is was meant to be.
My beautiful grandma (the only picture I have of her)

Her wonderful sisters and my aunt and mom (so blessed to call these women family)

No comments:

Post a Comment