Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Forgiveness


In getting to know new people, I have gotten to know myself better. One thing that has been on my mind is the fact that I don’t always give forgiveness easily. I struggle forgiving the people who I should be most willing to forgive. They are the people who will always be in my corner and I will always be in theirs. I hold some accountable to sometimes unrealistic standards. Some I hold to very low standards and they still come up short in my eyes. I have had such hard time forgiving. I know it hurts me more than them and I carry it around with me until I can say I forgive you. I know I don’t have to be ok with what they do, but I need to forgive them to set both them and myself free. I have experienced things in my life that I hope some people never experience. Through these things I hold grudges and can be incredible resentful. I sometimes blame those who wronged me for the place I am in. I have baggage, but I haven't met anyone that doesn't. It is what you do with the baggage you are given. These things I have gone through make up my story. A story God gave me to help others, but I have been slacking in this a lot lately. I have been so blessed by a gracious God that does not judge me for my short comings but loves me through them and forgives me always. In the place I am in I cannot think of a greater gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment