Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The start of something good!

After much debating back and forth about starting a blog, today I broke down.  I am blessed to have such a wonderful, encouraging friend, that after reading a blog entry by her I was sold.  Here is her blog entry: No Boy Allowed.  I want to use this blog to not only document/share my journey with God, but also share other aspects of my crazy life. I am going to apologize now if I am not good about keeping this up to date.  I will try my hardest, but as you get a glimpse into the craziness you might be tad more understanding.

I have been completely blessed with the life I live and would like to share my journey.  I grew up in a Christian home and have lived life in all states of my walk with God.  In the last few months I have grown closer to him and have enjoyed the journey that I am on currently.  I believe He blessed me with both the good and the bad. I wholeheartedly believe that he has given me this story, these struggles, and these blessing to honor and glorify him.  Looking back at the struggles I have gone through; I am happy to see the growth.  I know I have a long way to go, but I am surrounded by beautiful woman who continue to encourage me in this walk.

Don't get me wrong, just like any other relationship I get angry with God.  I am only human and don't always like his will.  I am constantly struggling to let go of my control and let his will be done.  I don't think this is something that will go away easily, but I will continue to fight so he can take the lead.

Just a quick background of my life:

When I was six my parents up and moved our little four person family halfway across the country from our family.  I since then have made a family where I currently reside, but miss my family dearly. I attended college in the mountains of northern Arizona to earn a degree in Interior Design.  I worked in the field for just shy of a year and was constantly complaining about my job.  So about six weeks ago I left my job in the design world  to answer phones at a power company.I know it sounds so glamorous!  I decision I knew would alter my life forever and now I feel like a little kid trying to decide what will come next for me. I completely trusted in God in this decision and could not be happier.  I started nannying my kids I watched while going back to college.  (I took a whole summer off and decided back to school I go! Yes I know I am a weirdo...bare with me)  You will get to hear plenty of stories about all of them.  I am so proud of all the kids I am blessed to have in my life.  And yes like a mom I brag about them :).

Thanks for letting me share with you!

No temptation has overtake you except what is common to mankind.  And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are temped, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.  1 Corinthians 10:13





No comments:

Post a Comment