Monday, April 30, 2012

Miss M


She is the reason behind this blog.  She is the friend that is my sounding board.  She is the friend that tells me what I need to hear and not what I want to hear.  This is something I know I have been talking better advantage of lately.  She is a believer who has many of the same struggles I do.  It's nice to have someone going through the trenches with you.  She constantly reminds me I tend to overreact (I wear my heart on my sleeve more than I wish I did).

This weekend I got the opportunity to meet Miss Molly for lunch, which is never just lunch. We had such great conversation.  I love being able to talk about real stuff…yes we talk about the superficial stuff too.  But it is nice to have someone I can let my walls down with.  I know she genuinely cares for me and my well being and it was so nice to be able to see her! I accidentally made her cry, but I think it was a good cry.  I got to see her become slightly more vulnerable (something that scares her).  I got to see how deeply she cares for one of her dear friends and family.  We also got to talk about the quote below. In ways we are very much the same, but in others we could not be more opposite.  It has become a nice balance and we both have so much to learn from the other.

"A true friend is someone you can disagree with and still remain friends. For if not, they weren't true friends in the first place." 
---Sandy Ratliff


I truly appreciate our friendship and know God placed you in my life for a reason.  You constantly push me to see my flaws and encourage me to better myself.  You can dig through all the junk I say and really find the true issue in it all.  I have also had the opportunity to see you grow and struggle.  I am so proud of where you are at and the path I think you are continuing on. I really can't describe in words what you mean to mean, but I will continue to express my appreciation of you in my life.  I know I am probably leaving a lot out, but you will get to know more about her as the journey of my life goes on.



These pretty much sums up our friendship.


After my college graduation.

2 comments:

  1. Awwwww! I'm crying! You are my bestest friend, you know that, right? I'm so glad that we can talk about anything and everything and that we can support each other as believers. You're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really need to stop making you cry! I love you!

    ReplyDelete