Thursday, June 7, 2012

God's Sense of Humor

The other day I was thinking about the backwards ways God has given me things I have desired in my life.  Maybe not the way I thought they would be, but I have definitely been granted a wish I never thought would come true.

The greatest example of this is wanting enough kids to make a baseball team. I know that might sound so ridiculously crazy to most.  I have the GREATEST great aunts and uncles.  There are nine total (aka a baseball team) there are about 25 years separating the youngest and the oldest.  Last summer I got to see all the siblings, but my grandma who is having her own party in Heaven.  To see how close they are and what they would do for each other warms my heart.  I have one brother and we aren't very close. I think I want a whole herd because I love the close knit feeling of being around them. Well guess what I have my own herd.  They might not all be related and none are technically mine even though I sometimes claim them.  I have multiple families who's kids I watch.  When you add them up I am at 10! So I even have an extra.  I had to laugh to myself when I figured out I did get my baseball team.  As badly as I want to have a boatload of children I won't have more than can be provided for. So I like to think of it as God's way of granting this crazy desire.  I would go to the moon and back for any of the kids without thinking twice. I know I am not their mother, but I care for them like family.

I have also always had a desire to marry.  I don't know if that is in God's plans for me.  I know right now it isn't in the near future and that is totally and perfectly fine with me.  In high school I was talking to a guy friend of mine as we were driving down the road.  He said something about the world ending or dying and I said I couldn't because I wanted to be married and have kids.  He jokingly said something about hey lets get married.  He put a ring on my finger and we pretended to be married for the rest of the car ride.  I know it's not super exciting, but it puts me at peace for now.  I know I am not in a place to be married and share my life with someone.  I would love to and hope I get that opportunity, but I know right now I have a lot of self work to do.

I think this is God's sense of humor saying, you get what you want, but it's in my time and terms.  It's such a sweet gift to know he loves and cares for us, but I like to think it is nice to know he isn't serious all the time.  I could be totally off the mark, but this is what I think about my God.

No comments:

Post a Comment