Monday, June 11, 2012

What a Weekend

After listening to some most needed advice, I had a fantastic weekend. I actually had a weekend for starters. The kiddos were gone, so I got off work at 3 on Friday! That was a great start. I went home and finished my book, took a nap, then got ready to go out. A group of us went to Mill to celebrate a birthday. I was driving, which is the way I like it. I had so much fun and it was so fun to see my friends have a good time.

Saturday I ran errands with my mom and then went to visit some old pool friends. I miss the pool, but not as bad as I thought I would. I miss the kiddos I got to watch grow up. I got to have a sleepover with Miss Molly! It was very much needed; I missed her.

Sunday I took Molly to breakfast, did a few things around the house; then it was time for Sunday Funday. We hung out by the pool and the boys grilled, got ice-cream and watched a strange movie! It was just so nice to have a weekend. I want to start doing this weekend thing more often. That’s one of my goals, maybe not every weekend, but most. I’m starting to claim my life back.

I did, however, realize that part of the reason I watch the kiddos so much is because my job is not fulfilling me. The kids help fill that gap of doing something you love. But I am only young once and I need to use this time to figure out what is most important in my life.

On a complete side note I always knew I was blessed to have such a great manager at the pool. He and I are super close. I have known him for the last 9 years!!! Super crazy, but he is a huge part of my story. Well not being at the pool this summer makes me sad. I miss him and his effect of making me feel silly when things upset me. He is level-headed, even tempered, fair, has great integrity, and the list could go on. It has been hard on me to not have him around. He is like a second dad to me and I know will always be there for me. It was a blessing and a curse to have him as a manger for 6 years and to know how a leader should lead by example. The curse part is no one really compares to him. I know I will never have a boss exactly like him, but I also know that there are great people out there. I am struggling with where the balance is. I think I hold people to a standard that they will never meet. So I am trying to find the balance and not be unhappy when things aren’t the way I think they should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment